Followers

Sunday, April 15, 2012

muddy morning

12 this morning.  I didn't know what it was going to look like last night with the forecast calling for thunderstorms.  It ended up being about perfect with a gentle mist.  The trails were a bit muddy, but even they were not in too bad of shape.  My legs are tired from the hills on Friday and I could feel calves and quads this morning.  My foot is going to need a little rest too.  It will be challenging to figure out how to rest up, but still get in the training necessary to compete at Superior.  I'm scheduled for 24 in two weeks so I've got that time to prepare for that run.  I'll probably back off the speed a little bit, for sure ease back on the intensity on the non running days, and work my running cadence on the mountain bike a bit more here in the next couple weeks.  I've got some new tires to put on that maybe this evening.  Either that or have em' do it a Maple Grove Cycling for a small fee.  

Once I got back from running this morning, it was Kate's turn.  She did 6 inspired by becoming a aunt for the third time last night.  Way to go Kate!  Here's what I had for breakfast followed by the aftermath:  
6 eggs, three sausages, and about a cup of shredded cheese.

10 minutes later with a monster glass of water...

Achieved while feeding the baby and listening to what seemed like a thousand requests from the bigs of foods they would have preferred to the muenster cheese slice, spoonful of peanut butter, little pack of carrots, and cliff bar.  I made them finish their entire water this morning.  Often times what triggers us to feel hungry is dehydration.  If we can have a glass of water when we feel hungry, we won't feel hungry anymore.  We probably weren't really hungry after all, just thirsty. 

No comments:

Post a Comment