Followers

Sunday, February 26, 2012

10k hills train

 A trail after a half mile warm up (loop 1)

Welcome to 2012.  Finally some snow on the trails here around Elm Creek.  So this morning I am thinking about Superior while still trying to increase my time on the pavement for some half marathons early.  Really stretched out the hip flexors on the downs today.  I ran a sub 50 minute 10k followed by 4 hill repeats on Osseo Hill here on the north side of 81 and the North West corner of 81 and Elm Creek Blvd.  There is what looks like a game trail up the hill.  I'd walked this repeat last summer a bit and usually gravitated to the tubing hill for repeats at Elm Creek.  The last couple of weeks though, I've begun (inspired by "A Football Life"-Walter Payton) to look for some more sprint hills.  Today each repeat was under 18 seconds so it's not a big hill.  On the downs of that I was focused on quick steps side steps getting my ankles ready for Oberg and Carltons Peak.  That last down on Oberg is a beast coming in.  Some drops of 3-4 feet in places and the same for Carltons.  It took just under 50 minutes for the 10k and about 20 minutes to run the repeats and cool it back down heading into home.  I got back just in time to make eggs for the family and watch an episode of Ninjago-Tick Tock, shower and sit down to write.  What a beautiful morning to be on the trail and I'm looking forward to a fun day with family.

No comments:

Post a Comment