Followers

Monday, May 23, 2011

50 bucks to mow the lawn

I got 50 bucks to mow the neighbors lawn today.  I left it up to her what she would pay me and she talked herself right into 50 bucks.  I thought "we do need groceries."  I'm going to spray her yard for weeds too.  We haven't talked price on that one yet.  It seems like that's a little bit more specialized than mowing though... We'll see.

So, I got done mowing and my legs felt pretty good.  I changed into my running shorts and headed off through the park reserve.  Running a traditional route for most of the way, I was cut off by really high water.  With all the rain we have had, there are spots that are impassible unless you want  to get your feet real wet.  I didn't feel like it today so I found an alternate route.  Quads are still fried but I must learn to run on tired legs.  Also, apparently I need to use vaseline even on 45 minute runs when it is this humid outside.  Actually drew blood.  Outch!!!

I need a day off.  Maybe a few.  I'll keep updated.

1 comment:

  1. dude- I used to get $5 for the whole yard! And you only had to do the back! Granted she hadn't mowed yet this year and her grass was about a foot high. Yipes. Nice work.

    ReplyDelete